Warning





This is an adult site and anyone under the legal age of their respective jurisdiction should leave the blog immediately.


Pictures are sourced from the internet and where possible ownership of them is acknowledged. If you own a picture and want it removed, please contact me.


View my other blog, "Slave himar" at http://slavehimar.bdsmlr.com

Saturday 1 February 2020



Another great adventure yarn from my misspent youth!

I first read this book as an impressible boy and loved it. While sex is kept to a minimum and it is heterosexual - not my thing by any means - the main appeal of this story was the slavery element with which I closely identified. 

It's a grand, sweeping, historical story which captured my fertile imagination and introduced me to new aspects of slavery I knew very little about.

Essentially, it is a story about a young, English squire, Michael de Bernay set back in the time of the Crusades who is captured by the Saracens and sold as a galley slave to an Arab merchant trading from the Red Sea with South-East Asia. 

Through a series of misadventures, Michael ends up as a slave of The Khmer king in Kampuchea. After he is branded, he is forced to work alongside Cham slaves who are the natural enemies of the Khmer and labours on the construction of Angkor Wat. Whilst, I was familiar with and fantasised about Arab slavery and galley slaves in particular, the Khmer/Cham aspect of slavery was new to me and it whetted my appetite. It would be fair to say, this story resonated with me and very soon, in my erotic fantasies, I was a naked slave in a team hauling gigantic, stone, building blocks to the top of the enormous temple complex of Angkor Wat.

Peter Bourne wrote this novel in 1956 and named it "When God Slept". My copy is the original one with the old title and cover art. Later, it was re-issued as "The Golden Pagan" for some reason.

Bourne went on to write many more novels and some of them are about black slavery in the West Indies all of which I read most avidly.

Chris

4 comments:

  1. How exciting Chris ! How much I'd love to read this book !

    Thank you

    Karel

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Chris is effecting a review of his childhood inspirations about slavery i must say that for me it was the french belgian comic strip the adventures of Alix that aroused mightyly my teenaged libido : regularly the young blond gaul and his brown egyptian companion are captured, binded ans even sold as slaves at the market of Athens (l'enfant grec/the greec child).
    Do you know that work of Jacques Martin ?
    enak@gmx.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't; but I'd like to know more.

      Karel

      Delete
  3. Master Karelius,
    I could give you some example if you give me an email adress. Or i could give it to toby if you prefer.
    slave énzk (enak@gmx.fr)

    ReplyDelete